Fergus VW is Up for Sale! – Reduced price for quick sale!
It is time for Fergus VW to be retired from our fleet. We are therefore looking for a good home for him!
Fergus VW is a 4-berth manual VW Australian pop-top camper who is now looking for new adventures. Here’s the low-down:
- 1972 RHD VW T2 Australian pop-top conversion
- Bare metal total strip-down restoration in 2015. All new parts fitted
- Twin carbs
- Soda blasted shell
- Acid etch rust primer
- Historic tax class (free)
- Will have new MOT at the time of sale
- Brand new Type 4 air-cooled 1984cc engine fitted in 2014 by the VW Engine Company in Deptford
- Engine set up by Paul at VW Down Under and runs beautifully!
- Brand new (March 2018) manual gearbox with great gear change
- EMPI high quality trigger gear lever
- Cruises at 60mph
- Power steering
- Paint work is cappuccino with white bumpers and roof
- Lowered very cool suspension (although fully useable in all normal conditions)
- Fully insulated interior panel cavities
- Brand new upholstery and seats by Newton & Commercial
- Van Wurks cooker/fridge/sink unit when restored in 2014 with Australian straight pop-top roof
- Will sleep 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children
- Propex gas blow air heater (serviced and certificated annually)
- Tow bar and electrics
- Electric hook up for campsites
- Engine immobiliser
- Electric internal sockets with mobile phone charging points
- CD/radio player/USB port for mobile phone or iPod connection
- 5 seat belts
- Brand new windscreen
- Brand new leisure battery
- Brand new alternator
- Skytag tracker device
- Fire extinguisher inside the camper and automatic fire extinguisher in the engine bay
- 4 brand new tyres
- 4 polished alloy replica Fuchs Porsche wheels (2 brand new)
- Leisure battery which charges when plugged in/driving. Great for wild camping!
- 44,000 miles (03.10.18) since full restoration and new engine in 2015. Verifiable on MOT certificates.
Fergus VW has everything you need to go on a fabulous adventure!
Fergus VW is a solid and beautiful campervan. He has a solid chassis and undercarriage which has been wax oiled and undersealed since restoration. The paint work is as new and has been maintained on an annual basis by a professional body shop.
Fergus VW has been meticulously looked after and has been serviced and maintained on a regular basis by a professional garage as follows:
- Full professional main service every year with all bearings, ball joints, cables, brake components including pads/shoes/replaced with new together with wheel bearings and brake cylinders, plugs, belts etc.
- Regular intermediate servicing, including oil and filter change and full inspection every 3 months. (We have put Fergus VW through an MOT inspection every 3 weeks!)
- Brand new gear box fitted in March 2018 with new clutch and oil seals.
- Last full main service as above was August 2018
- The interior comprises of the best quality upholstery provided by Newton & Commercial, as well as their own adjustable front seats with headrests.
- There is a Van Wurks unit including a cooker, sink, electric tap, fridge freezer, fresh water container
- All the electrics you will need to go camping
- Propex gas blow air heater for the cold winter nights
- Fitted with radio/CD player/ iPod stereo, two-speaker system
- Painted dash that looks amazing
- 5 seat belts
- Overhead locker
- Internal stowable pedestal table
- Buddy seat which lifts up for extra storage
- Funky curtains which go all round the camper for extra cosiness!
- Fergus VW is fully insulated
- Two King Size beds; one full width “rock n roll” bed downstairs and King size bed upstairs
- LED lighting
- The pop top was fitted new on restoration and is in good order. However, there are a few repairs to the gauze windows. These do not affect the use of the roof which remains water tight.
No expense has been spared on this gorgeous interior! If you wanted to show this camper, you could win prizes!
Driving Fergus VW
Fergus VW drives beautifully with the aid of power steering. The steering is nice and positive with no wandering, the manual gear change has been professional set up. The brakes are excellent with servo assistance. The engine is awesome and pulls very strongly through the gears and has the extra power to help get up those hills.
Fergus VW will take you places where motorhomes and other campers can’t reach! He has been meticulously deep cleaned for every hire and has been very much loved! Fergus VW has all the comforts to go camping he is crying out for new adventures with someone who will love him as much as we have!
Fergus VW will be ready to go in November 2018. As a right hand drive manual campervan that can sleep up to four adults, it’s a rare beautiful camper that should be snapped up quickly!
Fergus VW also comes with a full year’s MOT, free road tax and will be put through a professional body shop for any wear/tear to be rectified prior to sale.
Genuinely no expense spared in the maintenance and upkeep of Fergus VW. The campervan will be sold with a huge volume of receipts for work undertaken and £1000’s spent every year on servicing and maintenance. We have documentary proof of this.
He is one of the best campervans money can buy as well as an appreciating asset!
For more photographs see Fergus VW on “Fergus VW’s Camper Page“.
Viewing by appointment only – 01330 850555.
Price £28,995 ONO. (reduced price from £35K for quick sale!)